Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Groveland Tap Grab Bag Experience

I finally did it; I went to an event I posted about. I know! And I have to say, it was quite successful. Not only were the beers $2, they were ridiculous. Here's the rundown that our group of five was served:

  • Steamworks Steam Engine Lager (12oz can)
  • Cold Spring Olde Johnnie Ale (16oz can)
  • Lake Superior Mesabi Red (12oz bottle)
  • Wittekerke (11.2oz bottle)
  • Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss (1oz bottle)
  • Bud Light Lime (12oz bottle)
  • Miller High Life (40oz bottle!)
Did you read that last one? A 40. Of Miller High Life. Hi-larious.

Taste-wise, the list ranged from so-so to kind of not so great. I really wish that had thrown in a few fancy-pants bottles to be had throughout the evening...but I can't complain that I paid $2 for any of those. And, it was fun not knowing what was coming our way.

Next Groveland Tap event to attend: root beer/oatmeal stout floats on the 23rd.